Sunday, June 22, 2014

Yay, I'm posting!

I am going to have to make this quick so If I spell something wrong or my grammar is off, or that the flow of this post is completely NOT flowing at all, I am apologizing in advance. The wi fi here in Nicaragua at our host home is very minimal! I have tried and tried to get on line but each time, just as I get started, it keels over on me. :-)

It has been a whirlwind since we have arrived. Prior to our arrival though the delay of our outbound flight by 2 1/2 hours was interesting. We were scheduled to leave at 12:15 am and we didn't leave Sac. until 2:45am. Therefore, our 3 hour layover in Houston turned into a 30 minute run through Houston International from one terminal to one at the opposite end of the airport we landed on. I forgot to mention that the heat when walking off the plane was just enough to take my breathe away!

Although I have been lucky enough to travel worldwide, I have never seen such poverty as I do here and it breaks my heart. My children have NO idea how lucky they are to live where they do and have all daily essentials of life at their fingertips. Biggest thing I am taking home with me for sure.

We went zip lining and touring to the market yesterday. I actually have an amazing video of me zip lining doing the "Super Chica"! Yes, it is hard to imagine I did this but I did have dramamine on board and the fear of heights was gone in all the beauty of the jungle and monkeys hanging around in the trees ther 

I have been photographing as much as I can but haven't been able really to pull my pics up on the computer because of the slow wi fi and the large file format of my photos. I have been taking photos of some of the amazing people here in Nicaragua and the sites.

This morning we went to church and the air conditioning had gone out. 500 people in a room, with no air conditioning makes for one seriously sweaty service. I had to admit there was a point that I thought I might pass out even though I have been drinking my water like crazy.

The Buzbee compound that we are staying at is amazing. Just gorgeous and we have been in the pool once and plan on many more times in the evenings after our work days in the week ahead. I am enjoying the food made by Maria the cook. So wonderful to have traditional food and no preservatives etc. Very authentic and yummy. The fruit is to die for, in fact Amy one of the Bright co founders just came up here on the roof top patio where I am blogging and offered us some fresh picked star fruit. YUM!!

Ok, that's all for now. Lunch in a few and then we are off to an orphanage to just play and be with the babies and kids there. Tomorrow we go back and the team starts treating them.

The team at the Sac airport.


Unpacking all the donated items and sorting them for the various schools etc.

We have so many donated items!! Yay!

The police chatting with us about our visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment